Planning a trip to Isle au Haut?
Our island is about six miles long and two miles wide, and part of Acadia National Park covers about half of the island. We are a small, traditional village, with a busy fishing harbor and cruising boats, and enough miles of unspoiled walking trails to keep you busy for many return visits!
View Ferry Schedule, Pricing & Complete Info
Our gift shop, selling only high quality, Maine Made gifts, opened in the spring of 2012.
Walking Directions from the Dock
- Walk off town landing and take a left on to the Main Road.
- The shop is approximately 300 feet on your left – just before the Post Office.
- You will see our sign.
- Walk down the boardwalk to enter the gift shop.
7 days a week 10:00am to 5:00pm, May - October 31st.
Commercial Currents: Island store owner brings in tourism dollars
Isle au Haut Links of Interest
- Town of Isle au Haut, Maine
- Floating Mission Brings Ray of Sun to Maine's Island Communities - MPBN
- Boston Globe Jan 2015 - Winter Scenes
- April 2014- Bangor Daily News - Six Miles Out
- NEW! Isle au Haut Web Cam
- Acadia National Park for Isle au Haut hiking
- Davis Isle au Haut WeatherLink
- Island Advantages - Local Newspaper
- Stonington Web Cam
- Isle au Haut Community Development Corporation (ICDC)
- Boston Globe Article - Affordable Housing on Isle au Haut